Referral Partnerships for Publishers
Author Services from The Charlesworth Group helps publishers by offering authors a reliable, affordable and high quality service that will help them improve the quality, clarity and readability of the English in manuscripts before submission. Publishers, editors and reviewers can save enormous amounts of time when the manuscripts they receive are written in clear, correct and concise English - in particular with non-native English speaking author submissions.
Publishers can refer their authors or outsource difficult article editing to Author Services from The Charlesworth Group.
By offering our Author Services, publishers can:
- Reduce time and costs associated with processing papers written in poor English
- Create a new line of revenue from referrals or earn free edits for your authors
- Reduce the risk of rejecting a paper which offers good scientific research
- Have a partner who is highly experienced in working with non-native speakers of English, particularly those from China. Chinese authors make up the largest proportion of submissions coming from international researchers
- Establish access to editors who are trained and tested, native English speakers and have subject matter expertise in the area in which they are editing
- Generate good-will with authors by guiding to an editing service with highly skilled editors, guaranteed quality and fast turnaround times
- Reduce in-house costs by outsourcing the editing of author papers
- Have an on call service that can handle almost any file type (MS Word, WordPerfect, LaTex, and Tex, plus .jpeg, .tif, .eps for figures)
- Have a trusted and well established partner who meets ISO 9001 quality standards and who can provide STM editing and other publishing services
Our language polishing services will help authors:
- Correct and improve (or "polish") written English
- Help clarify meaning and improve the readability of a manuscript
To encourage authors to use our language editing or polishing services, The Charlesworth Group welcomes publishing partners to become "referral partners". Publishers form this partnership through putting links to our information on Author Services on webpages containing information for authors, or including information on the service in author instructions, submission guidelines or in author correspondance. As referral partners, publishers can create a new line of revenue from referrals, earn free credits or receive discounts on our services that they can then pass on to their authors. Referring authors is a free way to generate good will with authors while at the same time greatly increasing the quality of author submissions, saving the publisher time and money.
How it works:
- You include a link to our Author Services on your site, which authors can use before they submit a paper, or when you suggest they get their paper edited. You can provide the link to our site in your author instructions or give it directly to the authors in correspondence.
- Authors can review our services and prices and determine if we meet their needs for language polishing or editing.
- If an author decides to use our service, they can submit their manuscript to us via our online system, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and receive a polished paper back in 3-6 days.
- When edits are finished, the author can submit or re-submit the improved manuscript back to you.
Outsourced article editing
The Charlesworth Group can also help when papers are scientifically worthy of publication but are received in poorly written English. Our expert editors can edit or polish the language in such papers prior to submission or during the peer review process when language is an issue.
If you're interested in becoming a referral partner and would like more details, please contact us.